Sunday, December 6, 2015

A close up look at snow

On Monday, we spent some time exploring in the snow. We began by searching for changes we noticed since the snow had arrived. 

    

We loved looking at the snow on the branches and the fence, and were thrilled to find a leaf pile that wasn't quite hidden by the snow. 

 
We then took a few minutes to practise a Mindful Moment in the snow. We listened carefully to the sounds around us, and talked about them when we came together again. 

        

      
There were so many Incredible observations and discoveries being made that I really struggled to capture them all! Many interesting discussions were had in small groups in addition to the ones recorded below. These scientists made all kinds of connections, and extended their learning by exploring with the tools in their adventure packs. 

The snowflakes are sparkles that clump from the sky (Zachary)
There's little crystals on the fence (Sawyer)
When you dig under the snow, it's just snowflakes, not clumps (Zachary)
I just looked at a helicopter and it looked like it had arms on it (Oscar)
When you dig and find the grass and do it with the magnifying glass, it looks like a circle rainbow (Jax)
Snowflakes are just little right now but they go bigger in the ground, the snowflake grows in the dirt (Matthew)
It's just water sparkling from ice (Zachary)
When I was shaking a tree branch, it made snow (Ruby)
Me and Sawyer saw snowflakes from the sky (Sage)
I see sparkles in the snow and sparkles in the sky (Sophia)
I was digging and I saw a leaf (Kyleigh)
When I was looking with my magnifying glass, I saw little crystals and snow and there was snowflakes falling form the sky and they made the snow sparkle  (Ella)
When you put snow on black, you find different shapes and keys (Jax)
I saw little crystals in the sky and they clump together, crunch together to make snow crystals and then the powder makes it sparkle (Matthew)
I saw those little crystals and they were small and they were so tiny (M)
I figured out that it was just rain clumped together as snow (Zachary)
When you put snow on metal and look through the magnifying glass, it looks like the metal is ripping (Jax)
When me and Sage were making a fairy house, we were raking with sticks and I found out that all the snow doesn't go away and they make lines in the snow (Sawyer)

No comments:

Post a Comment