Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A HAPPY New Year!

This week has been a great start to 2016! I am totally amazed at how ready this group was to come back and get right back into the swing of things on Monday! Although I am sure many of you have heard about a few of these events already, I encourage you to ask your child about the following activities:
  • The Man and the Violin (book, video, art activity)
  • Our New Years resolutions ("in 2016, I want to...")
  • Our new student
  • Swimming
  • Gymnastics
  • Using loupes to investigate snowflakes
  • Our vet clinic
  • The card and present we received from our Kindergarten friends in Golden
  • Exploring the fairy garden near the arena

Since we only have a few letters left to learn, this is also a great time to flip through the Sound Connections duotang sent home at the beginning of the year and review the sounds your child has learned. I have been totally blown away by their interest in our Magic Bag lessons, and so excited by the writing students have been producing! 

If a picture if worth a thousand words, then an experience is worth a thousand pictures.
-Dr. Bruce Copley
One of my resolutions for myself this year was to take less pictures and enjoy the moment more instead. This has resulted in less pictures already this week, but many laughs and special moments. We'll see if I can actually change my "snap happy" ways! I did capture a few magical moments during our visit to the fairy garden today, where students climbed big hills, created snow slides, discovered "snow showers", worked together to create forts, investigated suspicious prints in the snow and unearthed treasures. While walking back to the school, listening to singing voices and watching a lot of snow jumping, I couldn't imagine a better place to be!







Our new and improved class photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment